Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Introduction


Hello, Foodies!
            My name is Mickey Chucktown. I’m a twenty-two year old F&B professional located in Charleston, SC. In my short career in the culinary world I’ve been fortunate enough to see the good and bad, up’s and down’s and in’s and out’s of a couple of the most prestigious restaurants located South of the Mason-Dixson line.  I’ve taken shots with Pappy, tasted wines with the boys from Screaming Eagle and served dinners underneath 7 James Beard Award winning chef’s. The most interesting thing about all of these accolades is that none of the people I mentioned before have A CLUE who I am.  To them, I’m the kid behind the bar, or the guy in the suit who appears to be doing nothing of any worth besides consuming a good deal of the donated wine for the evening. However, because of this, I have a very unique perspective on today’s over glorified food industry. Before I go any further… This is not your typical food blog. I’m not going to talk about the chef’s that are the hottest at the moment.  I feel as if most of the sommeliers in this industry are self consumed sociopaths (myself included).  And I don’t give two shits about molecular gastronomy. I like good food and I like to get drunk while eating good food. Simple as that. I promise to show you some of the more craft grub spots all across the South, and tell you a little bit about the people that make it all happen along the way. On Wednesday of each week I will highlight someone from the industry that doesn’t normally make the front cover of the magazines. The line cook’s, the wait staff, the bar tenders, the management, the pastry cooks… These are the foot soldiers behind today’s billion-dollar food industry. Through my experiences you will learn the culture of OUR everyday lives. The good, the bad, and the ugly. So grab a beer, turn on a little Hank Jr. and tune in every Wednesday to find out a little more about what it is that we do! Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment